Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience in technical writing for software technology.
TIBCO requires a good technical background to create, maintain, and update technical content components (including documentation) of various products.
This role will help support the TIBCO Omni product area, working with another writer to cover the related products and vertical solutions. It includes supporting release-driven deliverables and expanding the existing technical content offering to include more topics and technical videos.
What You'll Do
- Write, illustrate, and edit existing technical content components; including online Help, PDFs, knowledgebase topics, technical videos and more.
- Work with Product Management, Development, Quality Assurance, and other cross-functional teams to ensure technical accuracy of all technical content components.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills in interaction with various teams, and the ability to ask the right kind of questions.
- Read and analyze functional specifications or other technical documents to interpret overall functionality and product intricacies.
- Develop proficiency in the assigned product area to gain good understanding of the technical details, and develop technical content components.
Who You Are
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills.
- Proficiency in an XML-based content authoring system. (i.e. XMetal)
- Should be a quick learner, self-driven, and highly motivated.
- Should be well organized, meticulous, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment with a strong emphasis on quality.
- Excellent project management skills; ability to manage multiple writing projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge or proficiency in Camtasia and Adobe Captivate is a plus.