Job Title: Engineer I, Software
Reports to: Senior Manager, R&D
Group / Division: CAD
Career Band: 4
Job Sub Family:
Job Track: Professional
Position Location: IEC Hyderabad
Number of Direct Reports: none
Roles & Responsibilities:
As part of a multi-functional development team, major responsibility will include (not limited to) Software Programming in the capacity of an Software Engineer for Custom and New product development Engineering projects.
- Understanding of Basic Software algorithm and object oriented principles
- Decipher requirements and technical specification documents & seeks clarification where needed.
- Identify low complexity product requirements & technical specifications under mentorship.
- Build necessary backup info for design concepts & trade off analysis under mentorship.
- Independently perform research on different tools and technology concepts
- Use tools and apply engineering fundamentals
- Learn & repeat testing as per test plans & test protocols (including functional and regulatory test cases). Record test results accurately and in a structured manner
- Support in design documentation & artifact presentation as per design process.
- Fairly conversant / capable of learning tool usage to support design analysis and simulation.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent understanding of Software Engineering fundamentals
- Aware & can navigate through design and simulation tools. Learns different tools and intent with hands-on experience
- Can read & visualize flow charts and design documents
- Applies self-learning to derive code functioning using class diagrams
- Select components and develop basic power architecture
- Ability to run basic calculations to prove design
- Ability to optimally work on the below tasks with mentorship
- Contribute to design concepts, trade off analysis and does technology selection to meet the technical specifications
- Contribute to design analysis and simulation ensuring design optimization and confirmation to requirements
- Conduct testing as per test plans (including functional and regulatory test cases). Record test results
- Capture software coding based on design document and input.
- Create design documents & artifacts as per design process